Reduction Cheiloplasty (Lip Volume Reduction)
What is Reduction Cheiloplasty?
Reduction cheiloplasty, or lip volume reduction, is a surgical procedure to reduce the volume or protuberance of the upper, lower or both lips. It is a more common request from South and Malaysian Asians than their central Asian counterparts.
What are indications of reduction cheiloplasty?
- The thickness of the upper lip >9mm
- The thickness of the lower lip >13mm
- The volume of the lips is not balanced/proportion within the face
What time does the procedure take?
The procedure takes about one hour, often under local anaesthetic or nerve block.
What are possible risks and complications?
- Over correction of the lip
- Under correction of the lip